What is CBD?
Cannabidiol is one of the most prevalent ingredients in the Cannabis (Marijuana) family and is a vital component of medical marijuana. It can also be extracted from the hemp plant and/or manufactured in a lab. CBD is a compound that doesn’t cause a sense of being “high”, and a WHO report has stated that CBD on its own shows no effects of abuse or immediate health concerns.
3 Different Types of CBD products
- Full-spectrum CBD: These products contain all the natural phytochemicals from the cannabis plant and trace amounts of THC, which is often responsible for creating the “high” sensation.
- Broad-spectrum CBD: The products contain all the natural phytochemicals but are entirely devoid of THC.
- CBD isolate: This is pure CBD with no other cannabinoids or compounds present
3 Main Benefits of CBD
- Improves sleep cycle: There’s nothing more frustrating than a disturbed sleep cycle and feeling tired in the mornings instead of rested. Taking a dose of CBD may help improve your sleep cycles, which will allow you to feel well-rested and more energetic in your day-to-day activities.
- Rich in antioxidants: CBD is a great source of antioxidants that are essential for the body to stay healthy. In fact, CBD contains higher concentration of antioxidants than both Vitamin C and E. Taking a small CBD dose will help improve the body’s natural defense system and protect you from various illnesses.
- Increases focus and clarity: CBD reacts with the dopamine receptors in your body and helps to boost focus, memory, and mental clarity.
What should you know about purchasing CBD products online?
- Get information about trustworthy sellers: With CBD products being made available online, it is necessary to check if the sellers are reliable and trustworthy. To check if a site is reliable, look out for product reviews not only on their site, but also on independent third-party sites (like this one!). You can also ask people around you if they have bought CBD products online and about their experience of a particular site.
- Availability of product information: When companies provide detailed information about a product or what a product contains, they are more likely to be reliable. When purchasing CBD products online, check if the seller has provided adequate information about the product, like what it is, how to use it, quantity, potency, and more. Make sure to thoroughly read all of the information provided so that you can get the best experience of CBD.
- Understanding THC-free products: THC is a chemical component of CBD that is responsible for providing the feeling of “high”. CBD products must have less than 0.3% of THC as a component. Before buying CBD products online, check to see if the products contain THC or are devoid of it. Depending on your preference, read the product details carefully.
If you are someone who prefers THC-free products, check the lab-reports of the products to make sure that they are exactly as claimed. You should also make sure that you’re not confusing CBD products with CBG or CBN products as these are different cannabinoids with very different effects.
- Buying regulations: Depending on where you live, CBD might not be regulated, which means that there are minimal consumer rights available. Before buying any product, make sure to read up on any laws or regulations available about purchasing CBD products, especially online. Also, research the authorizations or certifications of sellers when buying CBD so that you have the safest experience possible.
- Assistance programs: Check if sellers provide any assistance programs such as discounts or affordable packages for those who might find it challenging to purchase CBD products, such as veterans, people with disabilities, or low-income groups.
- Product delivery: Before buying CBD products online, understand how the delivery will work. If the seller provides fast delivery, how are the products shipped, if there’s discreet packaging, hidden charges, etc. Also, read customer reviews and ask around to get a realistic view of people’s experiences. Finding out such necessary information will help you have a safer and more transparent experience when purchasing CBD products.
- Post sale customer service: Research on the customer service of each online seller of CBD products. Do they have measures for damaged products, delayed deliveries, and more. Make sure to buy products from sellers who have a smooth customer service channel, as it will help you resolve any grievances at the earliest convenience.
While CBD has benefits that make it worth buying, it is necessary to do as much research as possible before making any decisions with regards to which products may be right for you. Buying CBD online is better than buying from a store because you get a lot more choice and access to quality products, but before you start shopping, make sure you know how to spot a good CBD product from a bad one (suggested further reading “Buying CBD: 5 Tips from a Harvard Research Expert”).