It’s estimated over 150 million units of AirPods have been sold so far. And over 100 million people are using them right now. Apple has made another fortune with these mini devices and people are scooping them up and leaving them in all sorts of places. You see people looking as if they are chatting themself on the street, in restaurants, all over. They have almost become part of the body. In fact, data says people wear AirPods at an intimate time…THE intimate time.
Take a minute to mull that over.
TickPick, an online ticketing service, conducted a survey of 1,000 people who are sexually active and interested in music. While TickPick doesn’t sound like the most reliable source of scientific information, they discovered that 17% of participants like to keep their little pods in when having sex.
- Pop fans, the majority of them belonging to the youngest demographic surveyed, were the least likely to be satisfied in bed.
- Nearly 80% of people with the same musical taste as their partner were satisfied with their sex lives. They had sex an average of eight times per month.
- 43% of people who had different musical tastes as their partners claimed to be unsatisfied with their sex lives. They had sex an average of six times per month.
- Fans of indie rock were more likely to be into BDSM.
- Fans of heavy metal were the most likely to use contraceptives while fans of country were the least likely, with only 49% of them taking precautions.
No matter your thoughts on this survey and all of these interesting bits of data, you should still be shocked over the fact that 17% of people keep their AirPods in during sex. This knowledge gives a whole new meaning to all of those AirPod memes.
Regina watch out! The school bus is coming!
OH MY GOD SHE HAS HER AIRPODS IN! SHE CAN’T HEAR US! pic.twitter.com/LiHEd8GWCT
— Daniel ????️? (@deaxlin) January 31, 2019
People are really out there doing what they want. And you can bet Apple is thrilled with this tidbit of free marketing. Those little devices really do stay put as we can tell since data says people wear AirPods at an intimate time